The Johnnie B. Blanding Scholarship Fund gives out two $5,000 scholarships each year. Recipients receive $2,500 during fall semester and $2,500 in the spring semester. Scholarships are renewable up to 4 years, with proper request for renewal.
To be considered for the Blanding Scholarship, you must do the following:
- Be a Senior in High School, with a home address in the 94124 zip code.
- Have a 3.0 GPA (we will consider lower if there are extenuating circumstances)
- Be able to articulate your involvement in extracurricular activities and/or work experience.
- Write a 300 word essay, explaining how the scholarship will help you reach your goals.
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation (1 must be from someone other than a family member.)
Important Dates and Award Information
Applications are accepted for both Fall and Spring. Fall applications must be submitted by February 1 for the following fall. Applicants will be informed of decisions by March 15. Spring applications are due on December 1. Applicants will be informed of decisions by January 15.
Checks will be made out directly to the student and mailed within one week of notification to student of acceptance.
To be considered for scholarship renewal, you must meet the following minimal criteria.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Write a 100 word request for Scholarship Renewal, giving an overview of your educational activities.
Renewal documents must include grades for the semester that was just completed.
Meet the Requirements?
The next step is applying for scholarship. To get started click the button below.