The Johnnie B. Blanding Scholarship Fund gives out two $5,000 scholarships each year. Recipients receive $2,500 during fall semester and $2,500 in the spring semester. Scholarships are renewable up to 4 years, with proper request for renewal.
To be considered for the Blanding Scholarship, you must do the following:
- Be a Senior in High School, with a home address in the 94124 zip code.
- Have a 3.0 GPA (we will consider lower if there are extenuating circumstances)
- Be able to articulate your involvement in extracurricular activities and/or work experience.
- Write a 300 word essay, explaining how the scholarship will help you reach your goals.
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation (1 must be from someone other than a family member.)
To be considered for scholarship renewal, you must meet the following minimal criteria.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Write a 100 word request for Scholarship Renewal, giving an overview of your educational activities.
Meet the Requirements?
The next step is applying for scholarship. To get started click the button below.